Boxed Set Details
Conjuring Arts’ great friend, Ricky Jay, has just finished writing his latest masterpiece, Matthias Buchinger: The Greatest German Living.
As a special commemoration Conjuring Arts and Mr. Jay have collaborated on a limited edition boxed set. Each set will be numbered and the box closed with a special numbered Buchinger seal. Included in the set is a copy of the book, two different limited edition decks of cards (the seals of each deck will have matching numbers and they will also match the set number)* and a hand letterpress-printed special keepsake created especially for this boxed edition and signed by Mr. Jay.
This set is strictly limited to a production of 500 of which fewer will be sold. Color illustrations throughout, 160 pages, hardbound.
Through a special agreement with the publisher our books will arrive several months before the actual publication date of the book and our sets will contain the first available copies of the book anywhere in the world.
What is contained in each numbered set:
- One copy of Matthias Buchinger, The Greatest German Living by Ricky Jay. These sets contain the very first copies of this book available anywhere in the world.
- Fancy Folding box with deluxe interior tray that holds the two decks. The box will be sealed with a seal that matches the decks of cards and has the same limitation number as they do.
- One numbered Buchinger “Wig” deck. Designed by Ricky Jay, Produced by the Expert Playing Card Co using their Master Finish. The deck’s tuck case is made of Expert’s synthetic stock that is waterproof, tear resistant and doesn’t wear out. Each deck is sealed with a custom numbered seal.*
- One numbered Buchinger “Fruit” deck. Designed by Ricky Jay, Produced by the Expert Playing Card Co using their Master Finish. The deck’s tuck case is made of Expert’s synthetic stock that is waterproof, tear resistant and doesn’t wear out. Each deck is sealed with a custom numbered seal.*
- A hand letterpress printed keepsake initialed personally by Ricky Jay and enclosed in an archival mylar sleeve. This piece is suitable for framing.
*The decks pictured do not have the numbered seals but the decks that will be shipped will be numbered.
Book Details (from the Publisher)
Matthias Buchinger (1674-1739) performed on more than a half-dozen musical instruments, some of his own invention. He exhibited trick shots with pistols, swords and bowling. He danced the hornpipe and deceived audiences with his skill in magic. He was a remarkable calligrapher specializing in micrography—precise handsome letters almost impossible to view with the naked eye—and he drew portraits, coats of arms, landscapes and family trees, many commissioned by royalty. Amazingly, Matthias Buchinger was just twenty-nine inches tall, and born without legs or arms. He lived to the ripe old age of sixty-five, survived three wives, wed a fourth, and fathered fourteen children.